1.26.2014

let it snow

this snow is getting a little out of control. there's still snow everywhere from last week's snow storm and yesterday it decided to snow even more! it was a little annoying because we had to drive about an hour to my grandparents house, but we made it safe and sound. my whole family got together to celebrate my sister and my grandpa's birthday because they are monday + tuesday this week. it was a great day just sitting around talking, eating, and drinking wine. i'm very thankful that i live so close to my family. it's nice just to get together and catch up.


after leaving my grandparents, we had to head back to baltimore for another birthday celebration! one of anthony's coworkers had a fabulous little get together downtown. we had dim sum at this awesome little hole in the wall chinese restaurant and grabbed a few drinks after. it was nice to see everyone and eat yummy food. it was definitely a great day for birthdays. 


the key to staying warm in this crazy polar vortex is layering layering layering. i'm always wearing at least two or three shirts and/or sweaters at all time. i do not handle the cold very well, but am trying my best to survive in these single digit temps. one of my favorite layering techniques is pairing an old thrifted plaid under a fun sweater. it's warm and cute at the same time, which we all know is very, very difficult to come by.


the only other thing you need is a bold statement necklace. this gold plate necklace is the perfect length to complement the collar on the plaid shirt.  throw in some matching red nails and fun socks andyou have a complete winter ready look. what layering tips do you have to keep warm in the colder months?



i hope everyone is enjoying their lovely sunday afternoon. thanks for stopping by!

xxoo,
n

outfit details
plaid: thrifted
sweater: forever 21
jeans: tj maxx
booties: target
necklace: charlotte russe

30 comments:

  1. love your outfit so much! i miss you girl!
    xo,
    maddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely smile!! :D
    Maybe you like to follow each other :)

    Love,
    http://eyeloveeyecatcher.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty top and necklace :)

    http://www.lavinajampit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute:) love the necklace as well xx francesca
    FRANK VINYL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been to the snow in a while (live in sunny Southern California). This outfit is beautiful and so are you.

    If you'd like come and join my blog's giveaway. Giving away 2 YSL items! :)


    Xx,
    www.sacosha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're super cute! I'm all about the plaid under shirts. I also wear a this long sleeved thermal top under everything - I just spent time in Northern Scotland and europe and know what the single digit temp's feel like!

    www.dancingthroughsunday.typepad.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the socks above the boots look! The snow is gorgeous...I live in AZ and miss it so much when I see pictures!

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous!!:)
    I also made a little shooting in winter:
    http://melle-loves-fashion.blogspot.de/2014/01/outfit-panda-goes-to-winterwonderland.html

    xoxo Melle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have any layering tips...except maybe wearing tights under your pants LOL I like your haircut and gold necklace, too. Stay warm...I'm following your blog now! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your adorable layers! And I bet that necklace goes with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your hair!

    xo brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely outfit!
    great pics in the snow
    x
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos and outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. pretty pictures! your casual cute outfit looks great!
    xxCarrie
    www.alittledose.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. But it makes for pretty outfit photos! lol for how cold it is here in boston I wish there was some snow around!

    xo
    www.style-wire.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. adorable layers! i totally agree -- a statement necklace can pull everything together. i've been wearing tons of layers too, fleece-lined leggings have been a life-saver this winter.

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. seriously, the snow has got to stop

    ReplyDelete
  18. This polar vortex makes it so hard to get dressed in the morning! Loving your cozy layers here though
    xx,
    The Marcy Stop

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ugh this snow is driving me nuts, can't say enough how much i loathe winter. You have the right solution: sitting around drinking wine. Love the plaid.

    xx Hélène
    www.FashionOverReason.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute outfit! Definitely a lovely layered look for colder weather :)

    xo www.inventedromance.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your jumper !

    xx Julien

    http://oohjules.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awh, I love this colour / pattern combo!

    Check out my blog - featuring a city skyline pencil skirt :
    http://ahflondon.blogspot.co.uk/
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your outfit here xo It's cute xo How I wish I could take an outfit post with snow as my backgorund :( Btw, I love your blog. Keep on blogging , you deserve more views :) Also please do visit my blog http://kimaitabar.blogspot.co.nz/. Thnaks in advance x

    ReplyDelete