3.20.2014

spring is here

it's officially the first day of spring! even though the temperatures are basically the same as yesterday, it feels like a fresh start. this new season means short sleeves, cute flats, and dresses with no tights. i hope to finally put my big jackets and knit scarves away for good. and honestly this doesn't make me the least bit sad. this winter seemed like an especially long one. i mean just on monday there was a few inches of snow on the ground! it's giving me extreme cabin fever and i'm ready to start planning some fun outdoor adventures. 


there's so much to look forward to in the upcoming months. my sister and anthony's sister are coming to visit this weekend. next weekend is my niece's first birthday. in april we have some friends coming to stay with us for a few days, my birthday, and celebrating easter with my fam. it's awesome looking at my calendar and having fun plans almost every weekend! i'm someone who likes staying busy (with the occasional lazy netflix binge day every once in a while- obvs). it helps keeps my happy and motivated. are you someone who's more spontaneous or do you like thinking ahead?


it's been a while since i've worn this vest but as soon as i put it on i remember why i bought it in the first place. it's just so fun!! if you don't have a fur vest-- you are making a huge mistake. dramatic, yes. but c'mon. you probably still have a few more weeks, if not months, of wearing it before it gets too warm. and in case you need more of a push check out this one and also this one. ahh, i want both! and don't forget to pair it with a colorful tee and some cool boots (both of which were stolen from my sister's closet. oops).



i hope everyone enjoys the first day of spring! buy yourself some flowers or something :)

xxoo,
n

outfit details
shirt + boots: target
jeans: tj maxx
necklace: forever 21

23 comments:

  1. Thank god for spring! I love this casual look -- the vest really makes it pop. And I think I will buy myself some flowers! Haha.

    I'd love if you could check my 1st of Spring post!

    Audrey
    www.lululinden.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for spring! I'm with ya this winter felt damn long!! And how adorable is this outfit, absolutely love everything about it. Plus, those boots!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been on the fence about purchasing a fur vest...I think they are super cute but not sure if I could pull one off. Also, too hard to choose which color to get!

    xoxo, Elena
    the20-somethingproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice Vest

    FOLLOW ME:
    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any thrifter is a friend to me ! Great to find your blog............just perusing. Love the fur vest. Lynda
    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wish Vancouver could be a bit warmer!! Anyways, love those boots! I actually saw a pair similar like those ones but more expensive!! didn't know target had similar types :S Well, you look really great in this outfit :))

    http://www.vonvogue.com/
    New Post: The Progress & Giveaway
    xoxo, Claire from Vancouver, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! I love those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sooooo glad Spring has finally arrived! It's my favourite season! There are flowers starting to come up already :) Your T-shirt is a pretty Spring colour. I also love your pretty Forever 21 necklace and your hair looks lovely too.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those boots! Cute outfit!

    xx Kelly
    http://wherebeautymeetsthebeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to be spontaneous but I totally plan ahead. For everything. And I feel you on this awful winter.... I like winter and I am ready to scoot this one out the door. Lovely boots by the way.

    http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great combination of colors dear and totally love your boots ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm the same. every week I look at the calendar and I'm like... lets do something fun! thats a good way to reward yourself :) love love the necklace you are wearing!
    Xo,
    Belen
    Androbel Insider

    ReplyDelete
  13. this outfit is so adorable! love every single piece. this is one of the cutest fur vests i have seen! what brand is it?

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute look! love the vest.
    http://foureyesval.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. We still have snow on the ground, and I've happily put some of my super wintery clothing away (until next time). I'd rather freeze at this point, because it's too depressing to wear that stuff!

    I love your blog and sense of style!! That necklace is perfect and I kind of can't believe it's from Forever 21.

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your boots :) I am also happy about spring finally coming, I missed the sun so much :)

    Susan
    Here is my confession

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait to get outside for some adventures and not be cold!
    Jordyn
    Pretty Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable look, boho is really catching my eye lately!
    velvetandvino.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool boots ! I likt your style dear :) kisses from Poland :)

    ReplyDelete