12.30.2013

happy holidays

i can't believe that christmas has come and gone and in a couple short days it will be 2014! i swear the end of this month always flies by at lightning speed. between visiting with family, opening presents, and eating ungodly amounts of food, life doesn't get much better than the last week of december. this christmas was definitely a crazy one, but i'm so glad that i got to see anthony's family and all of my family in one day. there was a lot of driving involved, but it was totally worth it.


i always love dressing up for the holidays, so when i saw this lacey dress at forever 21 i pretty much ran right out the door with it. the back of it is just beautiful, and the tulle skirt is perfect. paired with some maroon tights, i couldn't have been more in the christmas spirit. i'm usually the one that's overdressed at all of my family functions but my gorgeous sister's were all dressed up this year as well and they looked stunning. you can check out a pic of all of us on my instagram!


after christmas, i spent the rest of the week at my mom's house. my stepdad made so much good food, we played lots of games, and i got to spend time with my adorable little niece savannah. she is growing up so fast and i swear she gets cuter and cuter by the day. i love my family more than anything else and am so thankful to have them. <3


now that one holiday is over, it's on to the next-- new years! aka the best holiday. ever. yes, new years eve is my favorite holiday. i love watching the ball drop and making new years resolutions and drinking pink champagne. it's such a fun holiday. this year, anthony and i plan on staying in, making a ton of food, and playing monopoly. haha, it may not sound that exciting, but it sounds perfect to me :)


besides the new years festivities, this week is full of running errands and packing because... we are flying to cancun, mexico for a vacation next sunday!!!!! it still hasn't really sunk in that in less than a week i'll be lounging on the beach, drink in hand, soaking up the sun in the middle of january. we booked this trip a couple months ago to celebrate my graduation, anthony's birthday, our anniversary, and christmas. ha! we're knocking out all of the presents for these big life events with one awesome trip. woot woot!


i hope you are all enjoying your holiday season. good luck ringing in the new year.

xxoo,
n

outfit details
dress/earrings: forever 21
tights/shoes: target

11 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I am so jealous! Have so much fun in Mexico! Love your dress darling.

    {{ Chelsi Elle }}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling dress! Your New Year's Eve plans sound delightful :) I've always loved this holiday, too. My NYE always includes staying up all night with friends, and more often than not, board games make an appearance, so I totally understand. Enjoy your night, and have fun in Mexico!

    Isabella
    adventuresinhel.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my fiance and I are just gonna watch all the specials on tv and then watch the ball drop at midnight. Have a wonderful new years! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome blog. We love your style :*
    Do you want to follow each other? Just let us know :)
    We always follow back.
    http://aloohaparadise.blogspot.com/
    http://just-click-to-heaven.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute dress! Love the touch of color in the tights.

    creamystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore that dress on you, great selection for the holidays! And I so envy where you live, you have no snow and you can be outside in short sleeves!!!!! :)

    velvetandvino.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look nice that dress! love it

    http://finkmfreeky.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cute dress

    x
    Saba
    http://itsmysash.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the dress! And it's perfect with the tights!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely dress!
    Your hair looks amazing! I love the length and color! :) xx

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete